The Inspection Technology and Quality Assurance National Institute (ITQAN) is a state-of-the-art institute that aims at inspiring passion for excellence, provides world-class training programs, and delivers state-of-the-art human resources development. ITQAN is an independent, not-for-profit training institute. It is the result of a strategic partnership between Saudi Aramco (SA) and the Technical & Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) in accordance with signed agreements.
ITQAN is located in Juaymah. It intends to train and qualify young Saudi’s in order to meet the market needs, contribute to community growth, help reduce unemployment and support the Kingdom’s workforce and nationalization efforts. ITQAN offers inspection training mainly to high school graduates to qualify them to work in the energy sector.
Be the leading training institute in the area of inspection disciplines.
Fulfil the Inspection workforce requirements of the kingdom by providing high-quality practice oriented And technology-based training and certifications in various inspection disciplines.
Integrity: We maintain high ethical standards in everything we do.
Teamwork: We work together for the benefit of the institute.
Excellence: We always pursue high quality .
Accountability: We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
Citizenship: We serve as a role model and support the development of our communities and the Kingdom at large.
Safety: We strive to maintain the highest levels of Safety, health and environmental standards.
What is Technical Inspection
Technical Inspection is the heart of business in the field of energy. It ensures safety and is the most effective tool to avoid potential dangers in the workplace. Furthermore, it ensures that the finished work is done according to solid standards and specifications.
Inspector Graduate Attributes
- Basic understanding of related International standards and specifications.
- Conducting inspection during manufacturing, construction & operation.
- Determining condition of plant equipment & record measurements.
- Basic understanding of Inspection concepts, terminologies and work ethics.
- Good understanding of safety behavior in hazardous work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to pass Saudi Skills Standards (SSS) certification exam.
- ITQAN trainees will obtain job entry diploma in a specific Inspection discipline such as Electrical, Mechanical, Welding, Civil and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) in two years.
- The diploma will be recognized nationally and internationally.
1st YEAR - Foundation
For the trainees to be ready for the skill year, they have to complete a number of academic subjects as shown below. The Foundation year duration is 45 Weeks of training (225 days), 6.8 Hrs of training per day.
2nd YEAR - JOB SkillS
The trainee will be enrolled in one of ITQAN’s five inspection programs. The Skill year duration is 45 Weeks of training (225 days), 6.8 Hrs of training per day.
ITQAN TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Mechanical Inspector
- Welding Inspector
- Civil Inspector
- Electrical Inspector
- Non-destructive Testing Inspector
The Board of Trustees (The Board)
ITQAN’s Board was formed in November 2014.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Board are:
- Develop and implement an active and continuous strategy to attract potential primary stakeholders to join ITQAN.
- Appoint and discharge ITQAN Managing Director and other officers.
- Manage and operate ITQAN as it sees fit.
- Control and manage all ITQAN assets and liabilities.
- Take all required and/or appropriate steps to dissolve ITQAN and dispose of its assets as it sees fit.
Diploma for the Inspection programs is based on:
- 2 Years Program.
- 1500 hours per trimester (a year).
- 3 semesters a year (11 months).
- 15 weeks / semester.
- 510 hours per semester.
- 34 hours a week (6.8 hours a day of training).